Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Spearfishing

I've been trying to be better about blogging but apparently I am still very behind. Even though I am officially on summer break, I feel like I am very busy. A lot more fun things that studying though!

So we (my parents and my sister and Brian and I) went camping between Bodega Bay and Gualala the other weekend and had a great time. I went over Brian and Amanda's the night before and we had a sleepover and spent the next day running errands and getting all prepared for camping. I can't imagine being a parent and having to get all of that prepared plus pack your kids suitcases, seems like a lot of work! I pretty much have my own room and bathroom over at their house and peaches loves it when I come because then she can sleep on the bed : )

It was a lot of fun to camp again but it wasn't quite like the camping that I remember. It was a big camping ground and it was pretty much full, so of course there had to be porta potties (definitely not my favorite). Brian and my dad were taking a spearfishing class so they went diving each morning. They came back with fresh fish and abalone that was amazing. My mom and sister and I got to go explore the neighboring towns. Not quite neighboring as it took about 45 minutes to get to a coffee shop. But we found a really cute coffee shop and made it a routine to get up and get coffee and a pastry and sit on the deck and watch the ocean and chat. It was a pretty relaxing weekend, great way to take a break before my last week of studying and my final. I realized after the fact that we did not take one single picture, but we had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!