And with that brings change... back to class and lots of studying. I can't believe I've already been home on my mini summer for two weeks! It went by so fast. Both my mom and sister like to have every second of the day planned so I feel like I've been running around all the time.The day I got home I got to see my friend Val and Ali (from college), it seems so weird to say that but just because I am deciding to be a student forever does not mean that everyone is! It's going to be different going back with so many of my friends gone. Val just left a couple of days ago to Scotland for Vet school. She is already having a blast and meeting people from all over, France, Italy, Germany. She will be there for five years so I definitely have to make it down there at some point to travel around and stay with her.
After that I headed to the River Cat's game with Amanda and Brian. Brian got one of the suites there and it was really nice. I've never been a huge fan of sports so the suite is just perfect. There are comfy couches inside and you can see the game on tv. I think its the best way to watch the game!
Lola is getting more adjusted to being here but will still be exciting to have the run of my apartment. She's okay when its Marley and Elsa but with Marley, Elsa, Peaches and Cabella she feels very outnumbered. She is also kinda skittish and doesn't appreciate loud noise. She's gotten much more comfortable around Elsa though. Elsa is very sweet and will just lay down so Lola doesn't get scared, we can pretty much just let the two wander around the house together. I think Lola really likes having Elsa. Also the other day we let Lola go out in the backyard. She is so interested in the outdoors and would love to be able to go outside. She did pretty well and loved exploring but she isn't all that comfortable around my house yet so I didn't want her to be outside without supervision. While I'm here watching movies and recovering Lola lays in the chair right next to me and follow me into whatever room I go into.
One of the highlights of my break was Tracy's wedding. It was absolutely gorgeous and I just LOVED her dress. Everything seemed to be perfect and everyone had fun and I don't think there is anything that could have been done to make it better. Tracy and Tim seem to enjoy and make each other happy and I wish them the best.
The next day my family went hiking with John and Lyle in Tahoe. We went to Lake Aloha, it was about 12 miles round trip. It wasn't too steep but 12 miles was kinda far for me, and it was pretty rocky and my feet were quite sore the next day!
Now I am looking forward to going to San Fransisco and seeing wicked, then I am SLO bound for the quarter!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing your thoughts!