Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ball of Yarn


So today while I was supposed to be packing I decided to go through some of my old drawers and I found a sweatshirt (?) that I started knitting about ten years ago. My grandma taught my sister and I to knit years ago and since then I have completely forgotten what to do and I had made it so tight that I could barely get the needle through to continue. My grandma came over for dinner tonight so I figured that she would love it if I brought it out to show her. She was excited but wanted to take out a bunch of stitches to fix all the errors I had made, I didn't really want her to undo all my work so we just tried to work with it even though she didn't understand why I didn't want it to be perfect. She retaught me what to do and now we're going to get some yarn tomorrow so I can start making a blanket. My grandma found some old dresses she had made for my mom that didn't look anything like I thought they would but I still think I will probably just stick with the basic stitch. Maybe after a while I can work up to more complicated blankets. I know once my classes start I am not going to have much time to work on it but I think it might be pretty calming and make for a nice break from studying.

Lola also likes this idea very much as yarn is one of her favorite toys : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts!