These past couple of days all the people in my CIRM program made a trip down to San Diego to go to a conference. We weren't able to leave until late Tuesday because we had class so we ended up getting there just past midnight and then had to be up early for the conference. It was really pretty though, right on the ocean. There was a pool right around where we had lunch and we saw someone get thrown in! Glad I wasn't them. I was so tired I had a little bit of a hard time focusing, but it was really educational. I'm excited to be able to learn a lot of the techniques they are using. I'm also leaning a lot more towards doing my internship in SD. I guess I'll know for sure in the next couple of months. I really enjoyed getting to know my CIRM group a little better, its always neat to see each other outside of the classroom atmosphere. But I did not realize how long of a trip it is from SD to SLO. We had to get up early Thursday morning to try to make it back by 12 in time for class. Not the most relaxing holiday! How was everyone elses Veterans Day? I hope you all enjoyed it, if not, it's almost Friday (the 13th at that)!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Stem Cell Conference
These past couple of days all the people in my CIRM program made a trip down to San Diego to go to a conference. We weren't able to leave until late Tuesday because we had class so we ended up getting there just past midnight and then had to be up early for the conference. It was really pretty though, right on the ocean. There was a pool right around where we had lunch and we saw someone get thrown in! Glad I wasn't them. I was so tired I had a little bit of a hard time focusing, but it was really educational. I'm excited to be able to learn a lot of the techniques they are using. I'm also leaning a lot more towards doing my internship in SD. I guess I'll know for sure in the next couple of months. I really enjoyed getting to know my CIRM group a little better, its always neat to see each other outside of the classroom atmosphere. But I did not realize how long of a trip it is from SD to SLO. We had to get up early Thursday morning to try to make it back by 12 in time for class. Not the most relaxing holiday! How was everyone elses Veterans Day? I hope you all enjoyed it, if not, it's almost Friday (the 13th at that)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you Katie Lynn! Looks like a nice group of people!
ReplyDelete