So I have finally decided to spend my summer in San Luis Obispo. I am kind of excited to not have to share the city with so many people. It really is a beautiful area full of wineries, hiking, a cute little downtown and of course 20,000 college students. Lately my roommate and I have began hiking bishops peak every week. I LOVE the view at the top. We're working towards being able to run up the mountain, like we see many others, but we're definitely not there yet. I'm also beginning swim lessons to get better at swimming laps. I'm always afraid if I don't run regulary my stress fracture might come back so I thought swimming would be a good alternative. I have really been enjoying it. I would love to be able to spend my summer in the sun and wine tasting but I'm going to be taking three pretty tough class and starting my research for my thesis (that I have to admit I am looking forward to). I'm going to be working on cells, such as possibly engineering blood vessels, or stem cell research. I should be finding out in a couple of weeks : ) So for the next month or so it's back to the daily grind of homework and labs.
Friday, April 24, 2009
My home away from home
So I have finally decided to spend my summer in San Luis Obispo. I am kind of excited to not have to share the city with so many people. It really is a beautiful area full of wineries, hiking, a cute little downtown and of course 20,000 college students. Lately my roommate and I have began hiking bishops peak every week. I LOVE the view at the top. We're working towards being able to run up the mountain, like we see many others, but we're definitely not there yet. I'm also beginning swim lessons to get better at swimming laps. I'm always afraid if I don't run regulary my stress fracture might come back so I thought swimming would be a good alternative. I have really been enjoying it. I would love to be able to spend my summer in the sun and wine tasting but I'm going to be taking three pretty tough class and starting my research for my thesis (that I have to admit I am looking forward to). I'm going to be working on cells, such as possibly engineering blood vessels, or stem cell research. I should be finding out in a couple of weeks : ) So for the next month or so it's back to the daily grind of homework and labs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a total stalker and noticed you got a blog from twitter and I am so excited! I will follow you, and it is so much fun to stay in touch. You sound like you are having a great time in SLO, what a beautiful place. I need to come visit with you, and hike some of those little peaks! :) I miss you, KT.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blogger-land Kaitlyn! Sounds like you have an a-mazing summer ahead of you ~ I myself am fascinated my the entire stem cell research, so I might like to read your thesis once completed...
ReplyDeleteI am so sad you're not coming home this summer, but I am happy that you have found so much you enjoy there! At least we can come visit and do some wine tasting this summer!
ReplyDelete