Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Livin' for the moment

So while contemplating whether or not to get my doctorate I've been thinking about a lot of things.  I know five years from now whether I decided to continue my education or not I will be 27 (wow that sounds old) but it is the quality of those five years that I am worried about.  Right now I spend my life studying, I work on homework all the time.  If I were given the choice to be able to start my college career over I don't think I would want to have to redo it all.  I know college is supposed to be the time of your life but there is no way I could have time for what it needs to do well in all of my classes. 

I suppose the best way I can think of to describe this is my intensity.  When I get a project or goal in mind I think of it as more of an end destination and want to finish it.  I have always been very determined/competitive and I need to work on enjoying the ride rather than looking to the finish.  With all that in mind, still no decision. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd say try having more fun and enjoying the learning experience first. If you still think you don't like school(like you have been saying for a while) take a break after your masters to see if getting your doctorate is something you truly want to pursue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed... Perhaps you need to take a break after securing your Master's. Perhaps your time at home will provide you the strength and advice that you need.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts!